Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Cousin Carolyn


I cannot believe myself. I went down to Salt Lake City the Sunday before Thanksgiving to see my cousin Carolyn and did not take one picture. I actually went back to the car to get my camera, and then forgot to use it when I went inside. I guess I was enjoying catching up too much. Her son lives in Salt Lake, so, she was there for a quick visit. Carolyn and I go way back.

I played with her a lot as a kid down in East Texas. Her mother is my first cousin, but since I am the baby grandchild, it seems all of the second cousins were closer to my age, thus, Carolyn and I were very good friend cousins. I enjoyed Carolyn. She was a dynamic and brave girl. I was quite a shy and inhibited girl. She was good for me. We had many adventures together down in the red dirt, piney woods of East Texas. We once had a dirt throwing fight, contest, I don't know what you would call it. It was on purpose and friendly, but man, we went into Mama and Papa's rock house dirtier than dirty. I don't think the adults were very happy with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment